We have an exciting weekend coming up with some different plans going on. Please read this carefully and respond to the questions asked in the comments section so we can organize all of this as best as possible. Thanks!
Friday, Sept. 28: For TUSD students only (or those who don’t have school that day).
1. Please plan on meeting at Technicians for Sustainability (612 N 7th Ave) at 2pm for a bike camp meeting and to help get the place ready for October camp starting next Monday! (You can and are encouraged to come to this whether or not you are working camp or not.)
2. Optional: City High School students will be joining Ignacio and I for fun work out (9am-12pm) at the new bike track at Laguna Elementary that Ignacio had built. We will be doing trail maintenance (which must require riding it some!), painting the bike storage room, and designing signs for the track. Please let us know if you are interested and can come help – lunch will be on us!
Saturday, Sept. 29th:
1. National Public Lands Day on Mt. Lemmon: As part of our community outreach and sponsor relations with REI, we will be helping many others to clean up the Bear Wallow Camping area up on Mt. Lemmon. While the event is for all day, I only committed/registered El Grupo for half day (9am-12pm). Anyone wanting to stay the whole day is welcome, though. For those planning on participating (riders, parents, siblings welcome), please let me know who you are and whether you will meet us at the clubhouse (7:30am) or Udall (8:15am) or up at the site (9am). Carpooling is strongly encouraged. Also, parents please let me know if you are planning on coming and if you are willing/able to drive. At the least, the team van will be leaving with 10 available seats from the clubhouse. More info in the flyer posted just below this. I will have waiver forms available at the clubhouse this week to sign or Saturday morning at very least.
2. Mt. Graham Hill Climb State Championships: For the riders signed up to race, please meet at the clubhouse by 2:30pm to drive out to Roper Lake to camp. You will get an email with more details about this. You are not expected to do the Mt Lemmon outreach (this time) but if you want to make both happen and can manage that with your school work, too, please let us know. The van will be back in time since it is also driving to Mt. Graham!
Sunday, Sept. 30
1. Sunday ride for all those not racing at Mt. Graham: 6:30am – regardless of whether or not you are A, B or C. We will break into smaller groups and go on some fun rides!
2. Mt. Graham State Championship Hill Climbers: May the force be with you! Good luck, have fun out there, and be safe!
As always, if you have questions, please contact us. Thanks!