To all 24-Hour town participants
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY AND THOROUGHLY
- The 24-hour race runs from Saturday–Sunday 12pm-12am,
- We suggest that all riders miss a day of school to arrive at the El Grupo camp site on Friday mid-day.
- Traffic, parking and camp sites become very congested
- If you must come Friday afternoon because your child cannot miss school, we highly suggest that you carpool with other families as parking is very tight. We unfortunately cannot help you secure parking nor a camp site –real estate is tight!
- The vans will be leaving at 8:30am on Friday morning. Please arrive early to help pack.
- We will be providing packing lists to all riders on Tuesday at Practice.
- Please be able to tell us when you are coming up to the event by Tuesday at practice.
- Riders– Make sure your commuter light is fully charged before arriving.
- If you can bring your stuff on Wednesday to practice that would make packing easier.
- Do no wait until Friday morning to ask for some clothing.
- More coffee makers, if you have camp style coffee makers that you can loan us or bring.
- We need fruit and lots of it. If you can bring fruit, bring cut fruit, berries, cuties etc. No Bananas. We will purchase bananas.
- We need water. Please bring as much water as you can. We recommend bringing 5 gallon containers with spigots (this reduces waste and they are easier to use). If you have water jugs that you will bring, or that you can loan us can you please coordinate with us? We must have a count on how much water we will have during the duration of camp so that we do not run out
- If you can help fulfill these needs please contact Elena at: firstname.lastname@example.org or 707.499.0175
Please label all your items with your name so we can return everything to their proper owners
- You bring a roll of toilet paper for yourself
- You bring a bike to get around, especially if you are a bike handler
- You label all your items with your name, if we pack it we know to whom the item needs to be returned to.
- You bring your own tent equipment. We have tents for the kids, but not enough for parent volunteers
- Extra camp chairs well labeled
- Several changes of socks – they get pretty dirty and it feels good to clean the feet and put on fresh socks.
- If you wear glasses you will want to rinse them with water bottle before cleaning them as they will just get scratched from the dust
- If you have allergies – bring medications and inhalers
- You bring a light towel for showering –there are showers at the camp
- You plan on leaving Sunday afternoon. We leave Sunday afternoon. It does not make sense to try to leave sooner, traffic is congested and you will invariably get stuck. We highly suggest you stick around and leave when traffic slows.
- You bring plenty of food. When you are on a volunteer shift, feel free to eat the food that is being made. When you are not on a shift, help us ensure we do not run out of food by bringing your own supplies.