- This event has passed.
Kidical Mass @ Beyond Event
January 11, 2014 @ 12:00 pm - 1:30 pm
Whether this is your first or fifth Kidical Mass, here are some helpful tips if you plan to join us:
- Register to attend here.
- Check your bike’s tires for wear and air pressure, make sure your brakes are working, check to see your chain is on your gears.
- Dress appropriately for the weather, bring sunblock, water and snacks if you know you or your little ones will get hungry.
- Plan ahead and see if you can make this Saturday a car-free day for the entire family by biking to Armory Park. Car parking is available downtown. Find out more here: Where Can I Park Downtown?
- Look for LSA’s Kidical Mass signs at the southwest corner of Armory Park, 225 S. 6th Ave, right across the street from the Children’s Museum (FREEentry all day Saturday!).
- Arrive earlier than noon if you want some help adjusting your bike or being fitted for a free helmet for youth (under 18, youth must be present).
- Join El Grupo Youth Cycling’s trained Youth Leaders and LSA volunteers for a leisurely ride through Armory Park, Barrios Santa Rosa and Viejo. We’ll leave around 12:15 pm from Armory Park.
- Treat yourself and your hungry kiddos to FREE ice cream, courtesy ofIsabella’s, after the ride!
- Enjoy piece of mind knowing your bike is securely parked by Pima County Bicycle Ambassadors in their secure FREE Bike Valet parking area from 12-3pm while you check out the other activities at BEYOND Tucson’s Main Event.
- Stick around for 2nd Saturdays Downtown, the first of the new year! Starting earlier this Saturday, 2-8 pm.
Remember – all youth bike riders under 18 must wear helmets. Don’t have one? No problem, LSA and El Grupo will be fitting youth for free helmets at this and all of our Kidical Mass events.