I want to personally THANK all of you that came out yesterday to cheer for Tyler and myself. That was the coolest thing ever! I teared up when I was running and watched a swarm of El Grupo ride along Tyler on his last lap. Thanks for making the event so fun (even when it really hurts!).
On to this week and what needs to happen:
1. Pass all finals and get through the last week of school!!!
2. Tell me if you are going on Luna Lake if you haven’t – that would be Marcos, Sabina, David, Newgan, Sam and Skywalker. I have a yes from all other riders, which is AWESOME. Parents, if you are going, please register online with GABA and please tell me so we can start to figure out logistics for leaving Friday.
3. Bring your signed parent waiver for GABA to practice on Tuesday if you haven’t already.
4. Make sure your bicycle is in good working order, you have extra tubes, and everything on the gear list that Ignacio will hand out on Tuesday. ASK IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING!
5. Come to Damiano’s birthday pool party on Thursday at Stone Curves – you will be riding there from the clubhouse at regular practice time, but come prepared to swim and hang out a little longer if possible. Please let parents know and invite them too.
6. Be ready to have three fun filled days of bike riding, eating, hanging out, and camping with El Grupo and GABA starting on Friday. We will want to leave town as early as possible on Friday. More details to come soon.
P.S. Final results for the triathlon are up here. Tyler had wanted to go under 1 hour 30 minutes and went a 1:21:12!! Totally impressive. I wanted to finish and feel good about it, which I did. I ended up 4th in my age group, 16th overall, with a 1st rank on the bike portion in my category. 1:13:48. Tyler did beat me by 1 whole minute on my swim – way to go, kid!
P.S.S. A HUGE THANKS AND CONGRATS TO JIM & RANE for putting on an awesome event yesterday, once again!