Just wanted to let you know what has transpired since we had our Team Meeting at REI.
- A suggestion box will be placed in the Club House next week. Please feel free to drop in any comments, suggestions, ideas for rides, and/or questions that you have. I will collect them and present them at the Board Meeting each month. I will not add names to them unless you make it clear you wish to have your name attached. I will then type them up with responses and post them in a place to be determined.
- We are looking for input on how best to disseminate information to parents. Please let us know how your prefer to get information regarding up-coming events, volunteer needs, planning etc. Some ideas are: the blog, email, a phone tree to alert parents re text message to check the blog/email etc. but you may have a better or preferred method. Please respond back so we can set-up the easiest way to meet your needs.
- Below is a list of up-coming activities to mark on your calendars. We will need to get volunteers to help run these events soon. If you are interested in helping coordinate volunteers for a particular event let me know:
- The Bike Scavenger Hunt Sunday, Oct. 28th at 9 am: We will need a committee to volunteer on the day of the event. If you are interested in helping to coordinate volunteers for this event please let me know. More information coming soon.
- The Bike Swap Meet Saturday Nov. 10th 8-2:00. We will need volunteers to help set-up/clean-up, to make baked goods or buy drinks/ice to sell. We also need volunteers to man the sales table or the bike valet parking. If you are interested in helping to coordinate volunteers for this event please let me know. More information coming soon.
- Pot Luck Pasta Party for the Tour de Tucson Friday Nov. 16 in the late afternoon. All riders and families are welcome. We are looking for a venue or yard large enough to have this event so please let us know if you are willing to host or if you know of a great place we can use. We will also need volunteers to help coordinate set-up/clean-up, food, drinks, dinnerware etc. Again, if you are interested in helping to coordinate volunteers for this event please let me know. More information coming soon.
- Tour De Tucson Saturday Nov. 17th We will have riders in the 60 mile and 111 mile rides. We will need volunteers to hold spots for the 111 mile riders (we have to hold spots early for a downtown start around 6 am), to gather kids’ “cold weather gear” and take it to the Club House (they need it before the race but won’t wear it for the ride), and to man SAG stops on the routes for both the 111 and 60 mile riders. The 60 mile route starts near Udall Park around 10 am. If you are interested in helping to coordinate volunteers for this event please let me know. More information coming soon
I look forward to working with all of you. Thank you in advance for your willingness to help this great program.
I volunteer for everything. Yes, I’m one of those people. Please let me know where/when/what you need. Also, love the suggestion/contact box idea. I prefer email as it comes to me if I’m too lazy to check the blog.
New Collin’s Mom
I like to get info through the email. The sooner the better so I can get it into the calender and coordinate. I’ll do the scavenger hunt same as last time, and I’ll bake for the swap.
As I mentioned, Stone Curves is STILL an option for the Pre-El Tour annual dinner. We have a point person there who is willing to be El Grupo’s host resident. Let me know if you want me to contact that person and reserve the kitchen. I would take responsibility for set-up and clean-up of the space with the help of a crew.