As you probably read in the news letter from Daniela, we have a busy month ahead of us. We will need lots of volunteers on the following 2 weekends to help us out. All of the events will benefit El Grupo so it is important that we make a good showing to thank the sponsor/coaches for all they do for our kids.
- The Tumacacori Road Race– We will need more folks to help at the Road Race since we need to cover 2 shifts (6:30ish- 9:30 and 9:30 – end of race. ) and we need 7 corner marshals for each shift.
- Bike Swap– We will need baked goods and cold drinks to sell for this event. We also need a few folks/kids who are not going to Tumacacori to help Ignacio run the sales and valet bike parking. This event runs from 7:00 am-2 pm.
- Bike Scavenger Hunt– This is our big fund raiser and we will need all the help we can get to make it successful. The Hunt begins at 9 am. and awards will be announced at 12 pm sharp but the beer garden will be open until 3:00 or 4:00 for beverage/food sales and socializing. We will need volunteers before during and after the event so please plan to help out as much as you can. Please let me know if you know of any organizations who may be willing to help volunteer at this event. We don’t want to be sort handed as we hoping to have at least 300 participants. (I have contacted Salpointe and am awaiting a response from the Honor Society sponsors)
- We will need to staff 10 different stations where cyclists will end up. We will need several folks at each site.
- We will also need help at the finish and start at Armory Park.
- Finally, we will need help for clean up
Be looking for sign up sheets to be available this week. I’ll let you know when they are up and ready.
Thanks for your help with this!