PLEASE comment if you can make this and want to be included in details.
“VisitTucson” is in the midst of shooting a video to promote Tucson as a travel destination, and of course within that a top-notch cycling destination.
So they want our El Grupo team to be available/interested in riding as on-screen talent for the video. We are not able to pay our talent for this video but it would be another excuse to take a nice ride and would go towards showing more people that Tucson loves cycling. (and give great exposure to El Grupo!)
Details from them of the shoot are as follows…
- We will be shooting out at Gates Pass on Friday 3/6 from 12pm to Sunset
- We would only need an hour or two of time to shoot the riders – 3:30pm -5pm
- We are looking for a group of 4 to 8 riders (or more), preferably an even mix of male and female.
- We would love to show the multi-generational aspect of the sport so a coach (or two) and several youth cyclists would be ideal.
- We have permitted with the county to do Intermittent Traffic Control so the roads would be clear for riding and shooting footage of the riders – safety first!
- We would be shooting from a car behind and in front of the riders as well as with a drone-mounted camera from above for aerial footage.
- This would involve mostly climbing a small portion of the east side and descending the hill on the west side 3 to 4 times to get the shots… Interval Training? (We will make sure it is not too hard!)
- We would definitely want riders to rock their El Grupo gear! Full 2015 team kits only!
- We would credit El Grupo on the final video and would be willing to share the footage with you guys as well.
So…who can meet at the clubhouse to ride out on Friday by 3pm and/or meet us up at Gates Pass by 3:30 or so on THIS FRIDAY?
Super Cool el Grupo! I’ll be heading to Sedona on Friday, but wish you all the best.
Susie will be there Friday.
Shawn and I can go. I can be at the clubhouse. Shawn may need to meet us. We definitely satisfy the multigenerational criteria. If someone else really wants to do this, though, we’re happy to step aside as well.
Zayk, Nelson, and, possibly, Avery can be available, going straight from school to Gates. Just let us know by Thursday afternoon.
oh and Susie will be at the clubhouse at 3
I would love to do this. I can be at Gates Pass by 3:30.
I am not at practice today because I had some school work to do I am so sorry it is late into practice .
Sounds like fun. I’ll be there! I’ll see if I can be there from 3 to 3:15.
Awesome! Thanks to those who have agreed to go! We will be leaving the clubhouse at 3pm (quite possibly driving the van/trailer) so that we are all up at Gates Pass ready to ride for the cameras at 3:30pm. Here is who I have going: Izzie, Susie, Madison, Nelson, Avery, Zayk, Shawn, Veronique, Ignacio (with Damiano on tandem) and Daniela
If others still want to go, please let me know ASAP. Thanks!
Zayk and I will be there, driving straight from school to parking lot at top of Gates to be there nlt 3:20. Probably not Avery – he’s been sick.
Sorry about me being absent this week my vacation has put me in a bad spot in shook so I am trying to make up for this by going to tutoring. This shoot tomorrow sounds like fun. Can I do it?