Thank you to all the parents, coaches and supporters who came out to help this weekend. There is no way we can do what we do without you.
There are two parts to this post so find the one that is pertinent to you:
If you are going to San Dimas. Please look at your email. Daniela has sent you all a bunch of information. Please read it carefully so that you are up to date on the plan.
We are now going to leave at 1pm. Please arrive at 12:30pm to help pack. I will email a packing list to help you.
Please ride at the very least on Tuesday. Ride for a super easy hour. But please have moved before you get into the vans.
If you are going to San Dimas you can stop reading here.
Those of you not going to San Dimas.
Your next goals are 5 and 6 weeks out. In 5 weeks is the Whiskey Off Road, and then the following weekend is the State Road Race Championships. Whiskey is the weekend of April the 29th and 30th, while the state road race is the weekend of May 6thand 7th.
That means we have time to do a proper build and we have time to take a proper rest after two hard weekends of racing.
There is going to be practice this week at the regular times because that is when we have the volunteer coaches available. If you are on Spring Break and you want to ride with your friends, that is great. Just tell people where you are going and what you are doing.
This week is going to be a recovery week for you all in town. This recovery will allow us to soak in the racing fitness and to prepare us for the hard work to come.
Tuesday—NO Spandies. Go play at the park and practice skills.
Wednesday—3:45 and 4:30pm rides. Endurance. Just a nice cruise. No one should come home tired. This should be on the easy side of endurance.
Thursday—Barrio Trials Play day. NO SPANDIES
Saturday—Old Man at 7am.
Colin is out of town, so if any coaches can step up and lead a ride that would be fantastic for the C team kids.
Sunday: Trail build day followed by MTB! (Mandatory) The build part is mandatory, the ride is optional as some of you might need to get home.
We have a unique opportunity to work with the Sonoran Desert Mountain Bicyclists (SDMB) an all-volunteer organization devoted to the promotion of the sport of mountain bicycling! SDMB volunteers have built nearly 3/4 mile of awesome trail at Starr Pass since the first of the year, and they need your help to complete the remaining .6 miles to connect the 4-Way with the Beer Garden. This is an amazing opportunity to give back and help build a trail that we will then get to ride!!
Build Day runs from 7-11 AM (ride after lunch around 1230PM contingent on coach support. High temps predicted to only be 76 back at clubhouse 4PM)
· Load trailer and leave clubhouse by 6:30Am to meet at the Genser Trailhead at 7AM
· Bring water/snacks, sun protection, long pants, and closed-toe shoes. Work gloves are encouraged, but they have loaners if need be.
· It’s about 1.5 miles each way from the lot to the work site, so bring a backpack plan on a nice hike and carry whatever you need. They will shuttle in tools most of the way.
· All participants must have SDMB and Pima County waivers signed by a parent or guardian. Elena will e-mail these out, please sign and get back to her prior to Thursday.
· SDMB will provide lunch and water/sodas back at the lot after the event.
· I will need a solid(ish) head count by end of day Thursday before the event to make sure we have enough lunches, tools, etc.