– support those who support El Grupo
There are many ways in which individual members of the community can and do support El Grupo.
1. We ride your old stuff!! We accept any and all donations cycling related that can be of use to our youth participants. In fact, the good-will of our community has enabled us to get as many kids on bikes as we have because of their donated bicycles, parts, cycling gear, clothing, etc. Please contact us about how to get your donations to us and to get a Tax Receipt for your tax-deductible contributions. We reserve the right to determine the best use of your donations – anything we cannot directly use we either donate to BICAS or sell at local bike swap meets.
2. We need quality adults to help with on the road safety in numbers, mentoring and coaching. We have protocol – expectations and benefits – for three different levels of involvement. The first level is as guest rider. The second is a commitment to being an assistant coaching (3-5 hrs/wk). And the third level is a real commitment to being a coach (6-10hrs/wk). All El Grupo Coaches are or are becoming Level III Certified Coaches by USA Cycling.
3. We put every dollar you donate directly into providing quality programming for our youth. You can find that “Donate” button on any page of our here website, or you can always send checks to our mailing address: 23 W 4th Street, Tucson, AZ 85705. Again, we will gladly send you a Tax Receipt and warm Thank You in return.
Here are some websites/organizations/friends we like – to stay informed about bicycles & such:
Here are some of our friends – support those who support El Grupo
- The Running Shop the place to get your shoes – El Grupo’s supporter of cross-training
- Specialized giving back to the community, helping us get more youth on bikes
- Esens Photography best sport and event photography in town
- REI Tucson providing outdoor enthusiasts in the Tucson area with top-brand gear and clothing for camping, climbing, cycling, fitness, hiking, paddling and more!
- KXCI Community Radio Real People, Real Radio
- ReActivate New & Used Active Wear – making fitness more affordable one quality used clothing item at a time
- Epic Rides promoter of Kona 24 Hours in the Old Pueblo and others
- Light & Motion the best and the brightest for all your outdoor needs
- Bohemian Bikes some of the finest custom frames on Planet Earth
- Tucsonvelo.com daily covering Tucson’s cycling scene
- Ordinary Bike Shop voted “Tucson’s #1 bike shop” 10 years running
- La Suprema custom handcrafted steel bikes
- Blackbottoms Cyclewear custom bicycle and triathlon apparel since ’74 (or 2009 for El Grupo)
History of El Grupo by Ignacio, Head Coach At a time long, long ago and in a galaxy far, far away….well, not exactly. In the fall of 2004, I was working at BICAS and attending classes at the University of Arizona in Tucson, seeking a master’s degree in Bilingual Education. BICAS (Bicycle Inter-Community Action &… Read more »
Putting on an event? Want to encourage folks to ride their bikes there? Be Progressive. Hire El Grupo to provide Bike Valet Parking for your community event. We will give your event participants peace of mind as we watch over their bikes and they fully enjoy themselves. Contact us to discuss this very cool feature… Read more »
Our mission is to empower youth through bicycles. Through our programs Team El Grupo & Youth Empowering Youth Outreach, we are getting youth on bikes, and they in turn are teaching, inspiring and empowering other youth to ride, enjoy and love bikes. Through the use of bicycles, El Grupo’s goals are to… Enable… Read more »
We encourage our riders to be civic-minded through giving back to the community. Each El Grupo rider is expected to contribute towards community outreach. For example, El Grupo teaches safe cycling to different community groups and schools. Each year, we teach over 500 kids bike safety and provide free bike valet parking for over 1,000… Read more »
This is the start of our new blog/website . You can find all past information and posts on our old blog, including a recap and photos from the Headless Hunt Bicycle Scavenger Hunt last weekend. Plan on finding out all you need to know about El Grupo right here from now on! Link to Old… Read more »