Our mission is to empower youth through bicycles.
Through our programs Team El Grupo & Youth Empowering Youth Outreach, we are getting youth on bikes, and they in turn are teaching, inspiring and empowering other youth to ride, enjoy and love bikes.
Through the use of bicycles, El Grupo’s goals are to…
- Enable youth to become life-long bike enthusiasts
- Instill personal and social responsibility and leadership skills
- Empower youth to set and achieve personal and community goals
- Educate and inspire youth to overcome obstacles, both personal and societal
- Make riding bikes safer, cooler, and more accessible for those under 18 years of age
We embrace all forms of cycling from road and mountain bike racing to bicycle touring and daily commuting.
El Grupo is developing the next generation of active, healthy, and community-minded cycling enthusiasts and leaders in Tucson.
No special skills or gear are required. The lack of cycling gear should not be a deterrent, as we have access to free or low-cost bicycles, helmets, lights, etc. Through donations from the community, El Grupo provides all bikes, equipment, clothing and gear to youth.
If you or someone you know is interested in joining Team El Grupo, please contact us here.