Helping a new generation to learn to love all things about cycling!
El Grupito, for youth ages 7 – 12, provides valuable framework of teaching how to ride safely, encouraging youth to develop their abilities, and how to have fun on a bike!
Things to Know:
- Grupito has a Fall and Spring Season. Youth can participate in one or both.
- Practices are Monday/Wednesday OR Tuesday/Thursday, 4:30 – 6:00 p.m. with additional weekend excursions (1-2 per month).
- Practice rides start and end at the Clubhouse. Our destinations vary.
- Drop off riders between 4:00 and 4:20 p.m. Rides leaves promptly at 4:30 p.m.
- We try to get back by 6:00 p.m. for pick up.
- Goals: Be comfortable on bike, learn bike safety, and enjoy being with friends.
- Tuition per season is $300 per rider. Financial assistance and sibling discounts are available.
- We can provide gear and a bike if needed.
- Coaches are CPR and first aid certified. Parents are provided with coach’s contact information.
- Snacks are provided, but please send something with your rider if he/she has dietary restrictions.
- Parents are invited to ride during weekend excursions.
What you need to join El Grupito: Coachability, enthusiasm, and a willingness to try new things.
Riders should also know at least 80% of the following before joining:
- Brake when needed
- Stand up on your pedals
- Start by not using feet
- Go down stairs
- Ride with one hand
- Pick up water bottle and drink
- Signal turns
- Comfortable with space
- Comfortable riding on different surfaces (streets, trails, loose gravel)
- Ride downhill standing on pedals
- Eyes forward
Please email any questions to Morgan, El Grupito Coordinator.