El Grupo Team Values:
* Team Spirit – Ride together, work together, help one another & succeed together.
* Pride – Show pride & respect for your team, yourself & others.
* Enjoyment – Bikes are work & work is fun. The bigger you smile, the faster you go.
* Resilience – The ability to go with the flow because life is ever-changing.
* Be Your Own Rider – Always make decisions for yourself regardless of the decisions of other riders.
* Create a Safe Space – Listen to and care for your teammates.
* Development – Try to be better on and off the bike today and every day.
* Youth Empower Youth – Teach and empower one another.
* Practice – Dedicate yourself to learning through doing.
“El Grupo gives me purpose in life. Otherwise, I don’t know where I would be. This is a very good place for me.” – Youth testimonial
El Grupo has served this ongoing role for youth in our community in expanding ways and to a growing number of youth since our founding in 2007. We are committed to the motto, “It takes a village…” because that is exactly what it takes! Youth need support and so we involve parents and mentor adults and youth in all that we do.
We believe in and practice Positive Youth Development in our approach with youth. Check out our Staff Bios for more information on our qualifications.
The program directors are League Certified Bicycle Safety Instructors through the League of American Bicyclists, and all youth on Team El Grupo receive training as Youth Bike Ambassadors.
Please be sure to check out our FAQ’s (Frequently Asked Question) page.
Want to hear what other parents, youth, volunteers and community members have to say about El Grupo? Check out their testimonials.
El Grupo practices Positive Youth Development (PYD) Philosophy- Check out more here!