Opportunities available for Team El Grupo and El Grupito Ride Assistants
Semester-long after school program that encourages youth to build skills and confidence, be active and healthy, and have fun through bike riding and camaraderie.
Age Group – 7-13 years old
Year-round after school program that fosters healthy values that support youth both on and off the bike, now and into their future through goal-oriented cycling and leadership development.
Age Group – 12-18 years old
El Grupito Practice Schedule
|4:00-6:30 PM||4:00-6:30 PM||4:00-6:30 PM||4:00-6:30 PM||Once per month*||Once per month*|
Team El Grupo Practice Schedule
|4:00-6:30 PM||4:00-6:30 PM||4:00-6:30 PM||6:00-11:00 AM*||6:00-11:00 AM*|
- Available at least 1 time per week.
- Appropriate equipment for rides—Road Bike and/or Mountain Bike, Bike Helmet
- Ability to be self-sufficient on rides which includes having basic tools and knowledge to fix a flat, put a chain on, and other minor mechanical issues one can encounter on the road or trails. For example be able to handle when a chain drops.
- Group ride experience and etiquette.
- Technical ability to ride single track such as Sweetwater.
- Willingness and ability to try new things, such as ride up and down stairs.
- Experience completing events that require preparation in conditioning, such as El Tour de Tucson and road or mountain bike events.
Do you meet the basic qualifications? If so complete this Volunteer Application.