Opportunities available for Team El Grupo and El Grupito Ride Assistants
El Grupito – 7-13 Year Old Youth
Semester-long after school program that encourages youth to build skills and confidence, be active and healthy, and have fun through bike riding and camaraderie.
El Grupo – 12-18 Year Old Youth
Year-round after school program that fosters healthy values that support youth both on and off the bike, now and into their future through goal-oriented cycling and leadership development.
El Grupito Practice Schedule
|4:00-6:30 PM||4:00-6:30 PM||4:00-6:30 PM||4:00-6:30 PM||Once per month*||Once per month*|
Team El Grupo Practice Schedule
|4:00-6:30 PM||4:00-6:30 PM||4:00-6:30 PM||6:00-11:00 AM*||6:00-11:00 AM*|
- Available at least 1 time per week.
- Appropriate equipment for rides (road or mountain bike, helmet).
- Ability to be self-sufficient on rides. This includes having basic tools and knowledge to fix a flat, put a chain on, and other minor mechanical issues one might encounter on the road or trails.
- Group ride experience and etiquette.
- Technical ability to ride single track such as Sweetwater.
- Willingness and ability to try new things such as ride up and down stairs.
- Experience completing events that require preparation and conditioning such as El Tour de Tucson or other road/mountain bike events.
Do you meet the basic qualifications? If so complete this volunteer application.